This is Shannon's current go-to recipes.
Quick & Easy!
(serves about 4 people)
✘ 1/2 cup diced onion
✘ 2 roughly chopped bell peppers
✘ 1 large carrot (peeled and sliced)
✘ 6 large mushrooms (sliced)
✘ 1 large handful of green beans (cut into pieces)
✘ 1 block of extra firm tofu (water pressed out as much as possible & cubed)
FOR THE SAUCE:
✘ 4 tbsp natural peanut/almond butter
✘ 2 tbsp agave/maple syrup
✘ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
✘ 6 tbsp low sodium soya sauce/tamari
✘ 1/2 tsp chilli (powder/sauce)
✘ squeeze of lime juice
✘ sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Even spread out tofu on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
3. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce.
4. In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the carrots and onions and cook until onions have just become translucent. Then add the peppers and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Finally, add the mushrooms and green beans and cook until the mushrooms have started to release water.
5. When the tofu is done, add the cubes to the sauce bowl and allow to marinate for 5 minutes while veggies are cooking. Then add the tofu and the sauce to the vegetables. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve with your favourite grain (rice/quinoa, etc) and top with a squeeze of lime and sliced green onions.
What's your favourite tofu recipe?
Photo and dinner by Shannon.