- Add several inches of water to a large pot with a steamer basket and bring to a boil
- Mix together the dry in a bowl & mix together the wet. Now add EVERYTHING together.
- Once the mixture starts to come together, finish by hand, kneading the dough for 2 - 3 minutes to make sure it's combined well. Kneading the seitan will also give the vegan pepperoni a chewier texture
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces then roll the dough pieces into 4 logs. Roll each log up loosely in a piece of aluminum foil then twist the ends closed. If you have it, roll the dough in parchment paper before aluminum.
- Steam for 30 minutes. Oil may release during steaming and appear in the steamer basket and water.
- After 30 minutes, remove the logs from the steamer and allow to cool completely in the fridge. The logs will have puffed up in the foil and become tight. Once cooled, remove the foil and they are ready to slice and enjoy as you like.
Keep airtight in the fridge & will last up to 2 weeks. If you decide to freeze the pep? Please let me know how it works out.