Make your own!
This granola is perfect for travel, on-the-go snack with or with-out plant based beverage.
It's naturally sweetened and never gets old.
Shannon's favourite combination is almonds, pecans, pepitas, raisins, cranberries & goji berries.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt (if you’re using standard table salt, scale back to ¾ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if large (I used dried cherries)
- Totally optional additional mix-ins: ½ cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake until golden, about 21 to 23 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, before breaking it into pieces and stirring in the dried fruit (and totally optional chocolate chips). Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Fruits, nuts, seeds. We love them all!